How can a new air conditioning and heating system make your home more environmentally friendly? One word, efficiency.
- All new air conditioning and heating equipment are much more energy efficient than an older unit that is typically being replaced. New units typically can cut the power used for heating and cooling by 50 percent or more.
- New units also reduce CO2 emissions by 3000-6000 lbs. per year.
- All new AC units must use R410A refrigerant that does not contribute to ozone depletion.
In addition, at MVP Heating & Air Conditioning:
- All of the old units we replace are recycled.
- Our installers and technicians are EPA-certified to handle and recover the ozone depleting R22 refrigerant.
Introducing Multi-Stage Cooling:
At MVP Heating & Air Conditioning, we specialize in high-end multi-stage cooling systems. What are they and how can they benefit you? Glad you asked.
Air conditioning units are sized by the ton. A ton is 12000 BTUs of heat per hour that can be removed from the house. So, a 4-ton AC unit can remove 48000 BTUs per hour.
Your house has been calculated to determine how many tons of cooling are required to keep it comfortable during peak usage. A general rule of thumb equates to about 1 ton per 400 square feet of the house. If you live in a 2000 square foot house, you will likely find a 5-ton AC unit on it.
But what about non-peak hours? What about days that are a little warm but not really hot? What about night time? Do you need 5 tons of cooling during those times? The answer is absolutely not, and that is where multi-stage cooling comes in.
But don’t take our word for it. Read more about these great American Standard multi-stage systems.
The Gold 17 and Gold 17 3-Phase Air Conditioners are two-stage cooling systems. The Gold 17 offers up to 18.00 SEER and the Gold 17 3-Phase offers up to 17.50 SEER. They both feature an all-aluminum Spine Fin™ and a two-stage Duration™ compressor, which will give you reliable and efficient cooling.